The Kyle Report

The Kyle Report

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

“You can’t handle the truth”

Perhaps it was because I came to the defense of a city council candidate who was unfairly and unjustifiably being vilified by the mayor and his merry men (the overwhelming majority of the City Council who march in lock-step to whatever he commands). Or maybe it was because I exposed his DDD scam for what it was, an attack on Kyle homeowners and an immoral attempt to line the pockets of greedy developers and his fellow lawyers. Whatever the reason, it has come to my attention that Mayor Todd Webster has "blocked me" on Facebook.

That is not the act of a leader. It certainly isn’t the act of a statesman. It is the act of a petty politician who only wants to hear one side – his side – of any issue. I used to have a lot of respect for Webster. But the more I witness his ineptness at things like trying to interpret Robert’s Rules of Order or his tyrannical employment of executive sessions during City Council meetings, the more that respect wanes.

But it is what it is. He "blocked me" on Facebook. So be it. I’m really not going to lose a wink of sleep over it. If he wants to act like a 5-year-old throwing a temper tantrum, that’s his prerogative. I’m just not sure that’s the temperament we should have in a mayor.

But that’s the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment