The Kyle Report

The Kyle Report

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

What exactly are ‘more urbanized’ apartments?

Kyle’s Planning Director Howard Koontz told Planning & Zoning commissioners tonight that apartments planned for that stretch of the new Marketplace extension between City Lights Drive and Burleson Road will be "more urbanized" than any other apartment complexes in the city. Your guess on what that means is as good as mine. I could have asked, I guess, but, frankly, I bolted out of the P&Z meeting right after it adjourned so I could hastily walk the few blocks north to the Katharine Anne Porter House to view what was left of the candidates’ forum. And I actually got to see one school board candidate and three of four city council candidates (incumbent Shane Arabie chose not to attend). So I didn’t wait around to ask Koontz to describe exactly what he meant but I’m guessing it could be something that looks like this, or this, or this, or even this.

No comments:

Post a Comment